Insomnia is a common sleep sickness that has bothered many people around the world. But the consequences brought about by this disorder may not be as ordinary as it may seem. It can be downright punishing.
You know the frustration of looking repeatedly at your clock while endlessly moving around in your bed. It’s mental and emotional agony to say the least. The tension builds up to its peak when you see the sunrise, and you have to go to the office lacking so much energy
after spending a sleepless night.
You don’t have to suffer anymore. Here are some tips to help you snooze faster than you could ever expect.
1) Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, even during the weekends. Some insomniacs tend to sleep at any time of the day to catch up on some sleep they lose during the night. Now this is the biggest mistake you can make. It ruins your body clock and will only worsen your insomnia. If you can’t sleep one night, get up the usual time the next morning. You’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby the next night.
2) Don’t eat within 4 hours before you go to bed. If in case you went hungry, try some crackers or light snack. But don’t indulge in an “eat-all-you-can” feast right before bedtime. Your food won’t be digested well, resulting in poor and uncomfortable sleep.
3) Don’t drink caffeine or alcohol. Caffeine can obstruct your ability to sleep. Alcohol can make you drowsy, but it can wake you up in the middle of the night and bring you side effects that will hinder a continuous sleep process.
4) Relax and stay fit. Avoid having a stressful lifestyle. Exercise daily to release tension. Engage in breathing exercises to relax your body. Most important of all, don’t carry your problems or emotional baggage to sleep with you. Forget about it for the mean time. You can go back and solve your dilemma better the next day after a restful sleep.
5) Never force yourself to sleep. Trying your best to sleep requires some work. You don’t want to work when you want to doze off. Sleep comes best if you are in a relaxed and comfortable state. Just
lie down, relax, and let the sleeping fairy cast its spell upon you.